Are you a CPA with over five years of progressive experience in accounting and team management? Do you have a strong working knowledge of NetSuite? If so – we would love to hear from you!
XL Flooring Co. Ltd. is a privately owned company working in the import and distribution industry. We have experienced exponential growth over the past 9 years, with a customer base of over 1,500 dealers across North America and counting. We strive to be recognized as the #1 flooring company in the world for quality products, innovative management, employee and customer satisfaction, community contribution and environmental responsibility. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.xlflooring.ca.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dynamic individual to join our leadership team as a Controller. The right individual will have experience in working in a growing cross-border organization where creating solutions, implementing new procedures and continuous improvement are the norm. If this sounds inspiring to you and you believe that you meet the requirements below, we would love to hear from you!
- CPA designation;
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting;
- 5+ years of experience at supervisory or management level;
- 5+ years of experience in data compilation, analysis and scenario modeling;
- 2+ years working knowledge of NetSuite ERP;
- High level of critical thinking and ability to analyze complex transactions;
- Advanced MS Excel skills (functions, statements, pivot tables, VBA etc.);
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Experience in Canadian and US cross border operations and taxation is an asset;
- Knowledge of flooring distribution/retail and/or construction industry is an asset.
The Controller role at XL Flooring is responsible for all accounting, finance and taxation responsibilities, including U.S. taxation, ensuring all monthly reporting is done as scheduled, and providing strategic support to the business, all while managing, mentoring and developing a team of four.
In return, XL Flooring offer a competitive salary, a co-pay group benefits package, potential for growth and advancement, plus professional development and paid memberships. In addition, as a company we provide opportunities for a lot of social activities.
If you are interested in growing your career, why not grow with us?
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Allison Benson, CPHR
Human Resources Manager