XL Flooring Co. Ltd. is a privately owned company working in the import and distribution industry. We have had a great success with our products and have experienced exponential growth over the past 8 years. Our current customer base is over 1,500 dealers across North America and growing. We strive to be recognized as the #1 flooring company in the world for quality products, innovative management, employee and customer satisfaction, community contribution and environmental responsibility. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.xlflooring.ca.
As we continue to grow, we seek a dynamic individual to join our leadership team as a Controller. The right individual will have experience in working in challenging growth environment where creating solutions, implementing new procedures and continuous improvement are the norm. If this sounds inspiring to you and you believe that you meet the requirements below, we want to hear from you and will be happy to review your application.
- CPA designation or near completion;
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting;
- 3+ years of experience at supervisory or management level;
- 3+ years of experience in data compilation, analysis and scenario modeling;
- Advanced MS Excel skills (functions, statements, pivot tables, VBA is an asset);
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, QuickBooks;
- High level of critical thinking and ability to analyze complex transactions;
- Excellent English skills;
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite) is an asset;
- Knowledge of flooring distribution/retail and/or construction industry is an asset.
Responsibilities – Accounting and Finance (40%):
- Manage all accounting functions of the organization;
- Prepare month-end and year-end journal entries;
- Record complex accounting transactions, investigate errors;
- Provide backup for accounting staff when required;
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all accounting activities;
- Monitor and enforce the internal controls system:
- Monitor compliance with the applicable accounting standards and best practices;
- Maintain Procedures Manual for the Accounting Department;
- Enforce adherence to the internal controls and procedures set in the Procedure Manuals;
- Prepare year-end working papers and coordinate audits and/or independent reviews.
Responsibilities – Reporting (40%):
- Prepare draft management reports (monthly or as required):
- Sales reports;
- Accounts Receivable and Collection reports;
- Commissions reports;
- Statement of cash flows and cash flow forecasts;
- Other analytical reports as required.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for financial institutions including:
- Income Statement;
- Balance Sheet;
- A/P and A/R reports;
- Other reports and schedules.
- Responsible for tax compliance with Federal, Provincial, and local authorities regarding corporate, payroll, sales and other applicable taxes.
Responsibilities – Business Support (20%):
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and other financial forecasts;
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information;
- Liaise with management staff and advise them on cost management and effectiveness;
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization;
- Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for potential property losses and liabilities;
- Staff training and other support services as required.
- Competitive salary;
- Potential for growth and advancement;
- Group benefits package;
- Professional development and memberships;
- Social activities and events;
- Potential for growth and advancement.