Regional Sales Representative
XL Flooring Co Ltd – Washington
February 4, 2020
Looking for a Territory Sales Manager to service Western Washington
Who We Are:
XL Flooring is a fast paced, progressive importer/distributor offering Original Tight-Fit Technology that has experienced exponential growth over the past 10 years. We are also on the verge of introducing other products that will compliment our existing product lines and provide a more comprehensive offering to our customers.
With an ever-demanding market, we have developed important strategic ties with our manufacturing partners in South Korea to establish what is commonly accepted as being the most reliable, trusted and stable LVT in North America today. Our head office is in North Vancouver, British Columbia and we have over 1,400 dealers across Canada and parts of the Western United States.
We strive to have a professionally managed company that provides solutions and exceptional service to our customers, in addition to innovative flooring products. We value relationships and place integrity and trust as the cornerstone to our success.
As we continue to grow, we are constantly looking for new ideas and talent from proactive team players who want to grow and develop their careers with us. At this time we are fully expanding into Western Washington and are looking for a Territory Sales Manager that can take us to the next level!
To maintain and open up new dealer accounts with a goal to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration by effectively selling the company’s products and providing on-going support to all accounts.
Experience has demonstrated that with the right mix of strategically located dealers within a given territory, our representatives can maximize sales opportunities and effectively manage customer expectations. We are looking for someone who ideally has a network of between 120 and 150 active dealers with a healthy mix of both retail and commercial.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers.
- Demonstrates products and sales techniques to existing/potential customers and helps them understand product features and benefits through dealer visits and product knowledge sessions.
- Promotes and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Provides customers with current products, samples, and training.
- Investigates and follows up with claims and other issues.
- Analyzes market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers.
- Creates and manages customer information and notes within our CRM system.
- Schedules, plans, and organizes sales trips to maximize cost and time investment.
- Identifies competitors and keeps log of their new products, prices, and how their products compare to ours.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions when necessary.
- Provides management with various reports including projected sales, weekly sales reports and trip results.
Must have previous experience in distribution sales.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for problem-solving; be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills, and be able to follow prescribed procedures.
- Should be proficient in using Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook and Excel) and be familiar with the methods and workings of CRM software.
- Must be a self-starter who is organized and motivated to achieve set goals.
- Must be willing to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be open to learning, a strong presenter, and personable with existing and prospective customers.
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field would be beneficial to this role.
- Experience in the A&D market would be an advantage.
A competitive base salary will be complemented by a monthly commission payment based upon product sales generated throughout the designated territory.
Work related expenses will be covered for travel and accommodation where applicable, and fuel expenses reimbursed monthly.
A Company benefits program may be available after the first three months of a successful probation period.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Sales experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor’s?
- Are you in Washington State?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driving license?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Do you speak Excellent English?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: